Tuesday, August 24, 2010

30 day challenge

I am committing to a 30 day challenge that I will be accountable to by my blog.  Yesterday while watching this weeks' "Wednesdays with Beth" via the internet, I was challenged by Beth to enter into a season of healing.   
In order to accomplish this task I am to bring an area of my broken heart that needs deep healing to my Lord and Savior each and every morning during my "Fire-side" time.  It is a season where I will devote my reading, studying and prayer time so that I am still before the Lord in this one particular area.  
As I have been in recovery from childhood abuse, I have learned that old wounds need healing and sometimes that healing, if it was a deep wounding can take intense time for healing.  This healing process is also somewhat like peeling back the layers of an onion.  At times we get down to a certain layer and we feel better so we think we are better and the healing process is shelved. We soon find that the tender area resurfaces in the not to distant future over some of the most random of circumstances.
It was brought to my attention that scars don't hurt.  If we have been wounded and the pain is still there, the wound is not yet healed.  We can strive for other people to help us heal the wound, but eventually we will have to enter into a season where we allow the ultimate "Counselor" to cleanse the wound and "bind it up".  He was sent to "bind up the broken heart-ed and proclaim freedom for the captives". 
My earnest prayer is to have my followers be my prayer warriors during this time.  During Beth's lesson she challenged us to be held accountable by a close friend or a small group.  I felt that the people following this blog were some of my dearest friends, so I felt lead to ask here for that prayer support.  
I also would invite others to join me and if you have any requests you would like me to pray about, they can be added on the blog too.  
May this season have the blessings of the Almighty and may He truly do the work!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment