Thursday, August 26, 2010

confession time

Ok so yesterday was day 2 of my 30 day challenge and already I have failed.  I had to take Riley to Temple for a doc. appointment and even though I took my journal and bible study items along, I couldn't get them read or written.
It just seems that if I don't get started first thing in the morning, I can't ever find time to fit it in later on.  I thought I would be able to get it done after lunch, but after pausing to do a few household chores, I looked up and it was time to go get Jaley. 
After I picked Jaley up I had to go by the store and get snacks for the confirmation class at church.  I then went and prepared the snacks and helped clean the vans as a service project before confirmation and mid-week choir begin. 
At 5:30 was the preschool open house of which I popped in for a minutes  and then made it home about 7'ish. It was then time to fix the older guys some food for dinner and get Jaley ready for bed.  I also had to sign a few more papers for school. 
I know it looks as if I am making excuses because of time restraints.  The honest truth is I could have gotten up earlier while the house was quiet and would have started the day off right and not been playing catch up all day. 
The only redeeming thing I did do yesterday as far as a "fireside time", was to spend some time on my keyboard praising the Lord through song.  I have to say time can get away from me when I get started playing and singing. 
I even thought today maybe this isn't such a good idea to post all of this on here for whoever to read, but since I feel as if I don't have a physical person right now to hold me accountable, just the thought of my pledge here will hold me accountable. 
It also reminds me that no one is perfect and spiritual growth is a process.  Recreating good habits takes time and taking time for a season of healing isn't the most fun work I have ever done.  In fact it's downright hard and painful at times, well most of the time to be exact.  But it is necessary to get to the root and pull it out for the Great Physician to soothe with His healing balm. 
May it be done Lord!  Expose every part to very core of my being to the light of your truth and the healing waters only You can wash over me. 
Praise, Honor, and Glory be to Your name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment