Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 2- Today is my 23rd wedding anniversary to my own personal knight in shining armor.  It is our tradition to watch our wedding video and we have yet to sit down and do it, but I pray that time will permit before this day is gone.  (Had to skip it the day of- it may have to be the week of this year-as of today still haven't watched it)

Something happened yesterday that was truly amazing during my "fireside" time.  As you all know  I was up writing the day 1 post in the wee hours of the morning.  But after a somewhat restful rest of the night, I found myself in my chair in the sun-room picking up my bible study.  The bible study I am currently doing is another Beth Moore study and has 5 lessons that should be completed in a week.  As you may have also noticed I changed the blog title a little from the first posting.  I was seriously considering dropping the word FUN from it,but after reconsidering left it in there.  Ironically enough these were the exact words from Beth's study "When Godly people do ungodly things".(pg. 73, week 2 day 5)  

Beth's words "I got a late start writing today.  Toward the end of the praise and worship service I attended in the den of my cabin this morning(by myself), I heard the voice of God speak to my heart: "Come and play." I love that He said, "Come" and not, "Go." "Come" That meant He was already there."

You have no idea what a feeling it was to have these be the first words of the morning.  I too felt as if He was speaking to my heart to "Come and play or Come and have some FUN"  and that's exactly what I did.  I got out the i-pod, cranked up the praise and worship music and danced around in the sun-room like a little girl.  I could feel the warm smile of the Father as we "played" for a little while.  What a special time!  
Needless to say the word FUN (play) will have to stay in the title.  

In fact, most of my week has been filled with FUN this week and is somewhat the reason why I have been unable to post on the days I should have.  


Monday morning we left for San Antonio with our Jr. youth group at church to go to Fiesta Teaxas and spend a night in a hotel for a back to school kick off retreat. 


Then on Wed.  I went to Cisco to pick up VBS supplies and return them for a float the church is working on and had some more FUN while visiting my family.  

So here I sit Friday afternoon after a full week of FUN and boy am I tired, but happy.  



No comments:

Post a Comment