Friday, August 20, 2010

Good Samaritan

I decided not to number this one since I can already tell that putting Day 1 etc.  is not going to work.  It is going to be nearly impossible to post every single day.  I have failed at that attempt already and don't feel it would be helpful to beat myself up about my lack of perfection.  I will say that there will be at least one post a week, if not more, but to be so rigid as to declare a daily post would be too much pressure and surely set me up for failure. 

Maybe as I get better at this, the posts will come more frequently.  Maybe just even after school starts up on Monday, I can be more consistent!

An amazing thing happened on Monday as we were traveling with the Jr. youth to San Antonio.  Just outside of Lampasas, we began to feel a strong vibration.  Keith asked if I felt it too and we discussed pulling over to check out the tires.  Not 2 minutes after we had this discussion our rear left tire blew out.  Keith managed to bring the van safely to a stop.  The first thing one of the kids said was, "I am sure glad we said a prayer for safety before we left."    A man following us had seen the blow out and stopped to help.  He was already securing a few big rocks to keep the van from rolling backward, as we drove to meet him in a safer spot to change the tire.  He insisted on changing it to keep Keith from getting dirty and knew exactly what to do to change it very quickly.  The girls watched his young toddler son "Daniel" as he worked.  We tried to pay him some money for his time and effort, but he said to just pay it forward.   We asked if he would mind us saying a prayer with him before we left.  He agreed and we thanked the Lord for our "Good Samaritan's" help and for His protection.  As we left we asked his name and got a picture of him and his son.  His name was Aaron.

This was another opportunity for us to let our kids see first hand how the Lord takes care of His children and how He uses other people to accomplish His tasks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment