Friday, August 13, 2010

First blog entry

Blog #1 with 364 to go.......I recently watched Julie and Julia and was inspired by the blogging aspect of the movie.  In the movie, a woman who loves cooking is inspired to cook her way through an entire book of recipes and blog about each cooking event.  In the process of this challenge she discovers more about herself and finds her life calling. 
I haven't decided what my challenge will be yet.   My first idea was to maybe share my journey through recovery from childhood abuse.  I also thought of sharing how that process has changed the way I view being a pastor's wife and how hard it is to walk through this season while being viewed from inside a "fishbowl".  Another would be to create a blog about faltering through this season while trying to be a
pastor's wife/mother/daughter/sister/friend.  I know that so many of us women struggle on so many levels and we wear so many hats, that we often lose ourselves in the process.  
This is sort of my Eat Pray Love experiment, even though I have not read the book and my (prayers) go up to my One and Only Savior and Lord. 
That may be it right there........ Food Fire Family Fun..... Let me reorganize them by my priorities...Fire Family Food Fun.

Fire-meaning time at the Fire with my audience of ONE.   The One being my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Prayer is one of the main aspects of the "fire-time".  It is a daily time with God through prayer and the study of His word, the Holy Bible.  

Family- because next Him, family is the first priority.  Cultivating the most important relationships in my life.....this includes friends, but puts the prominent importance on my immediate family and radiates out from that point.
 
Food-taking the time to nourish my family with a little love from the garden, to the kitchen, to the body and soul......In this area I would be tending our home garden and trying new recipes to make us a healthy family.  


Fun-never neglecting to add spice to life by some side splitting laughter sprinkled with a lot of fun activities.  This time would definitely include getting off the couch and out from in front of the TV or any other media and reconnecting with each other.....  getting moving!!!!!

That's a lot to take on and I want to accomplish these four items over the next year.  So for 365 days from today, I will attempt to blog about one or more of these areas of my life. My goal is to look back over this year and see that I have reconnected with my life without having to take a year away to leave and explore India, Paris, or any other country for that matter, in order to truly find myself. 
I believe I can rediscover the me-He created me to be, from the place and space I am currently in.  There is a wealth of beauty all around me, if I will only open my eyes to it.
There is beauty in the relationships God has blessed me with.  Radiance in a sunrise while on an early morning walk for exercise.  A delicious healthy meal cultivated from a backyard garden, to sustain body and soul.  Being still to know that He is GOD.  
It is my earnest prayer that I will be committed to follow through and that others will join me as I facilitate FIRE-FAMILY-FOOD-FUN into the fabric of my life for a solid year and beyond. May it be life changing and transforming.
 

4 comments:

  1. Blessings on your journey! We are indeed kindred spirits. I did something similar for a while but only in my personal journaling. May the Lord work in and through you in ways BEYOND YOUR IMAGINATION as He has in my own life. All my love!
    Still growing,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jan! Praying your new place of ministry is a blessing to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I am reading Eat, Pray Love right now. Not really sure about all her ideas but I am super excited about your journey because you are more grounded in your beliefs and know who your God is. I can't wait for the next 364 days

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never read the book either but I saw the author on Oprah once. Like you, I don't agree with especially the spirituality in the way she found it or having to leave everything behind to find yourself. Let's face it who has the time or the money to do that. I did, however think some things she said could certainly be applied to any life. An even closer relationship with my Lord for starters and then allowing Him to lead in every other area. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete